To coordinate sales of new equipment and general lines catalog items and act as the liaison between the sales department, vendor and customer.
- Get Contracts and/or Credit Applications approved the Credit Department.
- Process Report of Sale Forms.
- Set up new vendors in the database.
- Generate and send purchase orders to vendor.
- Submit work orders to the service department when needed.
- Track order from shipper to end user.
- Invoice customers.
- Calculate salesman’s commissions after each sale.
- Generate monthly commission report for sales department.
- Work with the Accounting Department to help maintain inventory log after each purchase and sale.
- Maintain sales log.
- Code and enter payables.
- Keep track of new sales leads that have been turned in.
- Order, assemble, distribute and maintain department marketing materials.
- Help answer all company and department phone calls and perform miscellaneous department and customer relation management tasks as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities needed to perform above duties:
- Knowledge or various brands of material handling equipment preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and cope with different personalities.
- Time Management and ability to adapt to using new software.
- Ability to use Excel, MS Word, and Outlook.
- Effective communication skills to be used with customers, vendors, co-workers and management.
- Ability to generate trust and respect from customers, vendors, co-workers and management.
- Ability to read sufficiently to understand basic written instructions.
- Ability to deal calmly and rationally in stressful, last-minute and problematic situations, not losing control or letting emotions direct actions or words.
- Ability to verbally calm down excited customer or other co-workers and effectively resolve issues.
- Ability to follow all company rules and requirements.
- Ability to identify different material handling equipment by physically checking inventory in warehouse when needed.